Bed Bug How To Get Rid Of Bug Bites Overnight
How to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Restless nights are a common occurrence in bedbug infested homes due to bed bug bites that cause itchy welts. These pesky little pests generally feed on your blood at night, the peak time being about 1 hour before sunrise.
Their bites resemble other insect bites and usually appear in rows or clusters of three to five bites.They are more common on exposed areas like the face, neck, arms and hands.
While some people may not even realize they were bitten, others may develop symptoms like red itchy bumps and rashes.
Some people may develop an allergic reaction with painful swelling and burning at the bite site, engorged bite marks and, in very rare cases, an anaphylactic response. Bed bug bites do not usually transmit diseases, but excessive itching and scratching may cause a skin infection.
The first thing that you need to do when dealing with bed bug bites is towash the affected area with a mild antiseptic soap and water. This will reduce itching and prevent a skin infection. If not scratched, they tend to resolve within a week or so.
However, see a dermatologist if you develop a skin infection, blisters or an allergic skin reaction.
Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of bed bug bites.
1. Ice Pack
The cold temperature from ice can help numb the nerve endings, thus relieving the itching sensation caused by bed bug bites. It will also help calm the swelling.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a thin towel.
- Place it on the affected area.
- Remove it after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat as needed.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, helps neutralize acidic chemicals that could be causing the itching from a bed bug bite. Being an anti-inflammatory agent, it also helps reduce swelling and redness.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 3 teaspoons of water.
- Apply the mixture generously on the affected area.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- If the discomfort persists, apply again after 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Lemon Juice
Being a natural astringent, lemon juice helps dry out rashes caused by bed bug bites and keeps itching at bay. Plus, its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help reduce redness and swelling as well as prevent infection.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice.
- Dab it on the bed bug bites.
- Let it air dry, then rinse the affected area.
- Do this a few times a day.
Note:Lemon juice may make your skin susceptible to sunburn. Do not go out in the sun for a few hours after using this remedy.
4. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is a liquid astringent that you can get from a drug store. Mostly used as a facial cleanser, it can also help calm itching caused by bed bug bites because it contains tannins that have a mild anesthetic effect.
- Soak a cotton ball in witch hazel.
- Place it on the affected area.
- Remove the cotton ball after 10 minutes.
- Repeat as needed.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Succulent aloe vera gel is soothing for your skin. Its active compounds and amino acids help ease itching and burning caused by bed bug and other insect bites. It also aids healing the skin by keeping it moisturized.
- Rinse an aloe vera leaf and slit it open.
- Scoop out the gel and apply it on your bed bug bites.
- Store the remaining gel in the refrigerator. Apply it a few times a day for a couple of days.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another effective remedy for bed bug bites as it helps relieve itching and burning, thanks to its acetic acid content with anti-inflammatory properties. If you do not have apple cider vinegar, you can use white vinegar.
- Apply raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry, then rinse your skin.
- If the symptoms persist, reapply after a few hours.
Due to its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, oatmeal is an excellent solution to reduce skin irritation and itching caused by bed bug and other insect bites as well as skin issues like eczema and psoriasis.
- Mix some water in a few teaspoons of oatmeal to make a paste. Apply it on the affected area, and leave it on for at least 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Repeat a few times for a couple of days.
- You can also prepare an oatmeal bath by mixing ½ cup of colloidal oatmeal (finely ground oatmeal) in warm bathwater. You can add a few drops of peppermint essential oil, too. Soak in this bath for 15 minutes. Do this for a couple of days.
Toothpaste is another effective remedy for bed bug bites. It contains cooling menthol that helps reduce the itching and burning sensations. Make sure you use white toothpaste, not a gel version, for this purpose.
- Dab a little white toothpaste on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Repeat as needed.
9. Tea Bags
Moist tea bags can also help combat the itching and swelling caused by bed bug and other insect bites. They contain tannins with astringent and mild anesthetic properties.
- Cool a moist, used tea bag in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Place it on the affected area for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat as needed.
Cucumber peels and slices can also provide relief from itching and swelling caused by bed bug bites as they contain vitamin C and caffeic acid that offer anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Simply place a piece of cucumber peel or slice on the affected area and leave it on for at least 10 to 15 minutes. For a more soothing effect, cool the pieces in the refrigerator first.
- Repeat as needed.
- Avoid bed bug bites by getting rid of the infestation.
- Resist the urge to scratch the bites as it may lead to a skin infection.
- Apply essential oils like peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree or basil oil mixed in carrier oil to reduce redness and itching. The strong smell of essential oil also helps repel bed bugs.
- Applying a mixture of equal parts of cold milk and water can also help relieve itching.
maybe this will help
Alcohol on bottom of your feet will cool your body down.
Great post to explain the various treatment of bed bug bites like ice packs, lemon juice, aloe vera gel, etc. Bed bug bites are really very painful and cause serve itching which can result in skin infection as well. So, appropriately treating a bed bug bite needs a bit knowledge of pain relieving methods and things.
If you stayed at hotel and traveled home can the bed bugs spread
Yes they will and can
It really helps
I got them from a guest who came over to visit,they stayed in a higher end Hotel ,not a low rent place…Unreal .
We had an exterminator come over and it took 3 treatments . THE BUGS CAME BACK ! So,we went out bought a new house,furniture,clothing etc and 5 years no bugs in new home..Bought 2 new cars (I own 2 collector cars I got detailed and cleaned no bugs in them)….
Now we are shut ins lol and dont allow guests to our home lol..We moved 1 hour away from town and have property now and 1 hour min away from most people we know..We go and visit them..When we return home from shopping/visits etc,we go into the 1st room and change,put our clothing in the laundry machine and check for bugs then put clean home clothing on .
We exterminated our old house,called junk to pick up our furniture (it wasnt lower end items either 8 year old $140,000 furnishings it cost) sold the empty home and hope they had no problem.. We did get the empty house exterminated and told the junk collection we had bugs,I bet they kept our old furnishings as it was beautiful stuff …It made us crazy,those damn bugs…One night 12 bites on my neck,forehead and hands !! I still feel like bugs are crawling on me,I think we need psychiatric care…It took about 1 year to get over the feeling of bugs crawling on us…
Time the country gets ddt back,thats what made bed bugs all die and were not a problem,now everyone within 10 years will have serious infestations of the bugs,DAMN THEM !
How to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites Overnight : 10 Home Remedies
Why Mosquito Bites?Only female mosquito bites because they need blood protein to produce the eggs. Mainly male mosquito lives for a week and female mosquito can live for months. Mosquitos are mainly present in warm and humid weather. They can spoil your beach visit or outdoor hanging out with friends and family.
Mosquitoes bite can be contagious and can cause you the disease like malaria, encephalitis, dengue fevers, yellow fever. Their bites can also cause you itching and irritation of the skin. You canget rid of mosquito bites fast overnightwith the help of below home remedy.
Why does the mosquito bite itch?
When a female mosquito injects a proboscis which looks like a needle into your skin. They suck a small amount of your blood and leave anti-clotting agent behind. After some time your immune system reacts to it and release histamine which creates a bump and causes itching.
What makes mosquitoes attracted to you?
Most people wonder why mosquito bite them more than others. Mosquitos are attracted to heat and carbon dioxide. Because they use the heat to determine where blood is closest to the skin. While you breathe you release carbon dioxide and mosquitoes are attracted to it. You may attract them by releasing some certain chemicals while breathing.
Mosquito Bite Allergy Symptoms
When a mosquito bite for 6 seconds or longer than only the immunity system have a reaction. A mosquito bite can be chronic and cause you serious allergy. Below are the symptoms of mosquito bites.
A mosquito bite can also cause you serious disease not only just allergies.
How to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
Home Remedies for Mosquito Bite Cure Overnight
As we know only female mosquito needs to feed on human blood to produce eggs. These mosquito bites can be an itchy and red or pink bump on the skin. Mosquito bites can cause some serious disease as well.
There are many over the counter cream available in the market but they have the harmful chemical. Bellow natural home remedy is harmless and doesn’t have any side effects. So, follow below home remedy to get rid of mosquito bites fast.
For instant relief from mosquito bite itching and inflammation apply a cold pack or bag full of crushed ice. Ice can reduce inflammation and itching by numbing the infected area.
Try not to apply ice directly on the skin because it can damage your skin. Take a washcloth and wrap ice in it. Now apply an ice pack for immediate relief from mosquito bites.
Another wonderful remedy to cure mosquito bite which you normally eat breakfast. This remedy can provide you relief from itching and bump on the skin caused by mosquito bite.
- Take an equal amount of water and oatmeal and make a thick paste. Now apply this paste on the infected area. This remedy is very effective for mosquito bite on the face. Leave it there for 15 minutes and then wash it with water.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is used to cure many skin problem such as warts, pimples, etc. it also helps to get rid of mosquito bite overnight.
- To make mosquito bite go away fast you need to make a paste of baking soda with water. Apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it there for 10 minutes then wash it with water.
Lemon is a very effective home remedy to cure mosquito bites. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which help to get rid of a mosquito bite.
- For instant relief from a mosquito bite, take a lemon and cut in two pieces. Apply lemon directly on the infected area.
- You can also apply lemon juice to the infected area to prevent further infection.
- Make a paste of lemon juice and crushed basil leaves. Apply this paste on the affected area to get rid of a mosquito bite.
- Aloe Vera
Another wonderful home remedy for a mosquito bite and also helps in removing marks due to mosquito bites. Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties and prevent infection because of mosquito bites.
- Take fresh aloe vera gel and apply on bug bites or marks.
- You can also use a small piece plant for aloe vera gel and apply on the infected area.
- Repeat this remedy for 2-3 day to get rid of marks.
Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to cure bug bites at home. This home remedy is basically famous to cure a sore throat or a cough. But it can also cure itching and swelling caused by bug bites.
- Take a small amount of honey and apply on the infected area and leave it. Repeat this remedy until you get relief.
- Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is a very effective home remedy to cure mosquito bites fast. It has antiseptic properties which help cure itching, inflammation and prevent infection from bug bites.
- Take a small piece of cotton and dip in alcohol. Now rub alcohol on the infected area with the help of a cotton ball. It may sting initially but it will surely provide relief from bug bites.
Toothpaste is a wonderful remedy for itching caused by bug bites. It also provides relief from inflammation and swelling. For instant mosquito, bite cure uses peppermint toothpaste.
- Apply toothpaste on the affected area until you get relief from mosquito bites.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best remedies which help to cure many health diseases at home including constipation, psoriasis, skin rashes etc. it also helps to cure mosquito bites very fast.
For instant relief of itching, inflammation, and swelling due to bug bites apply ACV on the affected area.
- Take cornflour and make a thick paste by mixing apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this thick paste on the affected area. Repeat this remedy until you get relief.
- Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to cure mosquito bite. It also helps to prevent infection.
- Take witch hazel and calamine lotion and mix them properly. Now apply the mixture on the affected area for fast relief from mosquito bites.
How Long Do Mosquito Bites Last?
Duration of mosquito bite depends on person to person. For some it can last for 24 hours and for others it can last for 3-5 days. When mosquito bites, you get a bump on the skin and itching. Bump on the skin may last for hours or day but itching lasts longer than a bump.
Mosquito Bites Prevention Tips
You can protect yourself from mosquito bite by taking steps.
- Try to avoid outdoor activity when the mosquitos are active.
- Keep your door, the window closed so that no mosquito can enter your house.
- Use mosquito repellent
- Wear a full sleeves shirt, full-length pant, socks, and closed-toe shoes.
- Keep surrounding of your house clean.
- Don’t keep old tires in your back yard.
- Change the water of the pool very frequently.
A mosquito bite is not a serious problem most of the time but sometimes it can lead you to some serious disease. It can be an itchy, red or pink bump on the skin. You can prevent yourself from mosquito bite by following prevention tips.
There many mosquito repellents available in the market but they are full of chemical and can be harmful to you and your family. Use naturalhome remedies to get rid of a mosquito bite. If you like to give us any feedback please comment below.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Bites Overnight, How Long they Last and Pictures
Are bed bugs a health hazard? How do you protect your house from being infested with bed bugs? Get more information on symptoms and best home remedies to be applied in getting rid of bed bugs.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Bites Overnight
- Apple cider vinegar
Bed bug bites treatment
Apple cider vinegar is effective remedy for bed bug bites. It contains an acetic acid which an anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to relieve the pain, itching and burning sensation on the skin.
Just apply raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar on the affected area. Allow it to dry then rinse your skin; if the inflammation is still persistent re-apply after some hours.
- Baking Soda.
Is a natural antibacterial agent that can help dry out inflamed skin rashes and help to cure bed bug bites. Baking soda is also anti-inflammatory and will reduce the itchy sensation from the bed bug rash on your skin.
To use baking soda: mix water with a tablespoon of baking soda to form a thick paste. Apply the paste to your bed bug bites and leave it for about ten minutes before rinsing it with warm water. Use this baking soda paste twice a day until the bed bug bites are gone.
Toothpaste contains soothing menthol, that helps reduce the itching and burning sensations. Make sure you use white toothpaste for this purpose and not a gel version.
Cucumber peels and Extracts can also provide relief from itching and swelling caused by bed bug bites as they contain vitamin C and Caffeic acid which is an anti-inflammatory agent. To use cucumber: simply place a piece of cucumber peel on the affected area and leave it on for at least fifteen minutes.
Moist tea bags are very helpful especially when it comes to itching and swelling. Tea bags contain Tannins which have mild anesthetic and soothing properties. To use tea bugs; place a tea bag in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and then place on the affected area for over ten minutes.
Witch Hazel is a liquid astringent that you can get from a chemist. Witch Hazel is mostly used as a facial cleanser; it can also help calm itching caused by bed bugs bites because it contains tannins that have a mild anesthetic effect.
Soak a cotton ball in witch Hazel; place it on the affected area. Remove the cotton ball after ten minutes.
Lemon juice is a simple home remedy that can be used to alleviate the itchiness and inflammation that is caused as a result of bed bugs bites. Because of citric acid content, lemon juice has medicinal properties that work similar to apple cider vinegar in relieving skin rashes.
To get a faster cure from bed bug bites, dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply to the itchy bed bug bite rash. Repeat the application of lemon juice three times a day until the bite rash fades away.
Apply benzoly peroxide on the bed bug rash. Benzoly peroxide helps to prevent further infections that can arise on the skin due to bed bug bites.
There are many natural soothing and anti-itching lotions containing calendula or peppermint that can be used to give a relief from pain, swelling and itching.
The cold temperatures from ice cubes can help to numb the nerve endings, thus relieving the itching sensation caused by bed bug bites. It also helps to prevent swelling. To use ice cube: Just wrap a few ice cubes in a Small plastic bag then place it on the affected area for ten minutes.
How to Prevent Bed Bug Infestation
There are several ways to prevent bed bugs from infesting your home; here are some of the tips:
- After returning from vacation, thoroughly vacuum your luggage.
- When staying in a hotel room, inspect the bed frames and mattress to ensure you do not get home with bed bugs
- Before bringing home a second hand furniture or mattress, thoroughly examine the items to make sure there are no bugs hiding in corners, joints and seams.
- If you notice or see any sign of bed bug infestation in your home don’t take chances, spray the house using an effective bed bug sprays.
How long do Bed Bug Bites Last
Having red bite marks on your legs, face, arms or back is sometimes embarrassing especially if the bites have become infected. In this situation you might start to ponder and try to know how long the bed bug bites will last.
Symptoms of bed bugs are usually mild and most of the time difficult to notice. Signs and symptoms may happen days after the bite or immediately depending with an individual’s body hormonal reaction to bite.
However, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have through research found out that, a skin rush and bumps caused by bed bug bites may take a short time (less than 12 days) to fade away. In case you experience repeated bed bug bites symptom may be more pronounce and hence scratching your skin may not be the best thing to do. But you can just apply essential oils if the itching is so intense.
According to the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dermatology Research, If you experience allergic reaction due to bed bug bites, red itchy bumps may last longer than people who do not experience. These kinds of bed bug bites will usually last for up to 21 days.
Bed bug bites can cause bacterial infection to the skin especially to people who experience consistent bites; there is a high possibility of severe allergic reaction and inflammation to the skin, this causes psychological trauma to some people due to insomnia and anxiety caused by the biting.
Bed Bug Bites Pictures
How to Find Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are flat and can hide in any crevice or space. They can hide in the creases in your mattress and within the mattress covers, however, Other than the bed; there are other hiding places where they rest in between, these include:
Electrical appliances-remove the appliances, and check behind them.
Behind door or picture frames-these are the best places where bed bugs hide, so to find them; check anything that is hanging on the wall, especially above the bed, above the bed, above the chair or sofas.
Sofas and chair-this is the most favorite hiding places for bed bugs. If you spend some time on the sofa you may see them in large numbers, while some will start to crawl on you. To find them easily just look beneath the cushions and around the cushions.
Piles of clothes-anywhere that can provide protection and shelter are the best hiding places for bed bugs. A dirty house doesn’t mean that you will get bed bugs but a house that is so much congested may hide bed bugs more easily.
Dress drawer- Check all of the nooks and crevices inside dresser drawers.
Luggage- if you move your luggage from one to place to another, or if incase of movement, you placed it on a bed in a hotel room, or on a taxi seat, there are chances that bed bugs may end up at your home.
Headboards-bed bugs can hide behind headboards on the wall and if the headboard is wood there can be cracks where they squeeze in. Eggs, fecal matter, nymphs, and shed skins can also be found.
Signs of Bed Bugs
When bed bugs infest, there will often be blood stains on sheets, pillowcases, and areas of infestation. Bed bug feces have blood in them, and the spots that are made of feces can have a dark brown or red discoloration around them.
Blood stains on sheets may also be made by bed bug bites that have been scratched. This is a hard sign to go by because stains like this could be made by any bug bite that has been scratched or some other type of wound on the skin, but when blood stains are accompanied by black feces, it is no longer a mystery what made those stains.
Bed bugs release a pheromone scent hence in a building that is heavily infested by bed bugs; there will be a telltale scent. Although bed bug dogs can detect a small number of them, a heavy infestation leaves a scent many describe as a locker room or dirty wet towel smell.
Although this bed bug eggs are very small and hard to see, but if you are keen you can see the small whitish eggs. They can be found in mattress creases and other places where the insects can be found.
These bugs leave their jet black feces everywhere, and in large quantities, for their tiny size. When these bugs are infesting a mattress, black patches of feces can be found on the corners or along the seams. If they have infested a piece of furniture, black residue can be found on stitching and in the creases or folds.
Identifying bed bug bites either on your house mate or on your body may be definitely a good sign that bed bugs are infesting.
Bed bugs will shed their skin after every new cycle or life stage. Often you can find this shaded skins lying around areas of infestation such as in creases, in the mattress, around the edges, and in the crevices that serve as hiding places.
Although they prefer to be active at night when you are a sleep, but they can seen if you decide to look for them. You can search for them in the mattress or on edges of your bed.
How do I Get Rid of Bed Bugs Naturally
- Finding the bed bug infestation
Among the first steps to be taken to completely eliminate all traces bed bugs from your home, is to find the infested areas. They are usually found in the bedroom but they can inhibit any room in the home where people and pets sleep. Examine the spaces between cushions, your mattress and a bed frame and any other possible hiding place in your room.
- Tea tree oil bed bug spray
The insecticidal properties of tea tree oil such as strong pungent smell make it a great natural treatment to get rid of bed bugs.
Lavender oil is natural and very effective bed bug repellant. The smell and taste of the herb keep away the bed bugs. To apply it most effectively, put dried lavender between two cloth pieces and sew them around your bed. Alternatively you can rub the lavender oil on the floor of your bedroom overnight before going to sleep. This will help to keep bed bugs away from attacking you.
Cayenne pepper has anti-microbial properties that kill the bed bugs. To use cayenne: Just take a tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder, grated ginger and oregano in a bowl. Add some water to the mixture, then pour this mixture into a spray bottle then shake well. Spray this solution at all the places that are infested with bed bugs. The smell of this mixture will drive the bed bugs away.
You need to wash thoroughly all house hold fabrics that are likely to have been infested by the bed bugs this include linens, shirts, bed sheets, carpets and duster.
After you have washed all your fabric properly, try to vacuum out these bed bugs from your computers, tables, wardrobes, cot, box spring, bed frames and mattresses. Bed bugs like hiding in the cracks or corners which are generally inaccessible and need to be sucked out with the application of vacuum cleaner.
Once you have checked and identify the infested areas you can use mint leaves to get rid of these bed bugs. Just crush a few mint leaves and spread them in the infested areas.
This is one of the safest herb and remedies to get rid of bed bugs. Black walnut tea is believed to be natural insecticide and repellent. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that destroy bed bugs. Sprinkle some dried leaves black walnut tea on the infested areas such as corners of bedroom and below your bed. Alternatively, mix lavender, with black walnut, thyme, sweet flag and mint leaves in a bowl. Then, pour this mixture into a sachet and place this sachet below your bed or areas heavily infested with bed bugs. The strong smell from this mixture is unpleasant to the bed bugs. This smell will suffocate the bed bugs
- Use of silica gel to starved bed bugs
Grind some silica gel and smear all over your bedroom, put some below your mattress, along the wall and around the bed. The silica gel will get stuck on the bed bud, hence dehydrating it and causing it to die. Repeat this exercise once every week for five weeks.
- Sprinkling diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous earth is made up soil whose content are tiny fossils of algae. The sharp edges of this soil, cut the bed bugs and they succumb to death due bleeding. Therefore you can sprinkle the diatomaceous earth around your bed and protect bed bugs from biting you.
The diatomaceous Earth are very tiny particles, which you also need to spread in small amounts around your house including areas such as where the wall meets the floor, behind light switch face plates, where the carpet meets the walls, behind picture frames and into all cracks and crevices.
- Encase your mattresses and pillows
After you have cleaned your mattresses and pillows with hot water, you can now take encasement as the last option. With proper encasement of mattresses, bed bugs may not be able to find escape routes easily. You might as well encase the pillows to prevent bites on your face and neck.
- Spraying your house with isopropyl alcohol
Rubbing alcohols are generally used as a disinfectant. When you spray alcohol on bed bug infested areas, alcohol helps to clean the infected areas and has a dehydrating effect on eggs and bed bugs. This factor helps alcohol to kill both the eggs and the bed bugs. However, effect of sprinkling alcohol will remain only for a shorter time. A solution of 70-90% concentration of isopropyl is required to kill bed bugs. To use alcohol: pour alcohol in a spray bottle to use it on the bed bugs
The clove has a pungent smell and acidity. This acidic condition disturbs the survival of the bed bugs. Hence assisting to get rid of bed bugs. You can destroy the bugs easily by exposing your pillow, mattresses and other infested area to clove oil.
Lemongrass can be used effectively to kill the bed bugs and their eggs because it increases the acid condition for bed bugs to survive. Also lemongrass has a very strong odor that is unpleasant to bed bugs, this ultimately helps you to get rid of the bed bugs.
If bed bugs have become persistent, you can get your mattress, cushions and carpet steamed to get rid of these bed bugs. Bed bugs can’t survive in high temperatures. Steam permeates through these materials and destroys the bed bugs and their eggs.
Bed bugs cannot in their nature tolerate high temperature; in this regard you can set the dryer at the highest temperature mode then turn it on, positioning it around the mattress and affected places. This one hour treatment will kill all bed bugs and their eggs.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites Overnight? (Treat Surot Bite)
After writing how to get rid of roaches?, how to get rid of fruit flies?, how to get rid of ants?, how to get rid of fleas?, and home remedies to get rid of bed bugs naturally, we are now writing how to get rid of bed bug bites? The seriousness of symptoms associated with bed bug bites fluctuates for every person. Some people are so allergic to the bites that they create a rash and extreme itching, while others may not by any means know they were bitten. Before you attempt remedies to treat bed bug bites (surot bite), verify that its a bed bug bite only not from any other bug or insect like mosquito bites.
(A) Confirm a Bed Bug Bite Before You Treat Bed Bugs Bites
1.) Verify the Bites to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Look at the bites carefully. Bed bug bites commonly look like other insect bites, including mosquito bites, this might be hard to identify. Indeed a doctor can’t usually diagnose bites essentially by looking at them. Watch for the bed bug’s bite design. If it is a bed bug bite, it will appear in a group. You always see the bed bug bites in 3 to 5 rows, it can’t appear alone.
2.) Check Reasons to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Give careful consideration to when the bites occur. This can likewise be difficult to focus on the grounds that each individual’s response time can differ significantly. Symptoms that result from the bite can show sometime or another from a couple of hours to more than a week after the bite occurred.
3.) Check Bed and Bedding to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Check your bed and bedding for signs of bed bugs. Look for red spots of blood on the bed sheet. Maybe these spots came, when a bed bug was squashed in the wake of feeding, or from the bites left of you when the bug is carried out feeding. Check the entire sleeping pad, including the creases on the sides. Look for resting bed bugs, corpses, vacant skins and excrement.
(B) Home Remedies to Treat Bed Bug Bites
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Baking Soda is one of the best remedies for bed bug bites treatment. It has anti-inflammatory properties that deal with burning sensations. It also helps get relief from redness and itchiness. What you have to do is make a paste with baking soda and apply it topically on the affected area. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with some water to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with water.
- Do it several times a day for best results.
2.) Cold Compress to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Cold compress is one of the best ways to cure insect bites. It is also an instant way to deal with redness and swelling. It fights of inflammation as well. What you have to do is give your bites a cold compress and you will have the instant results. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Take a clean cotton cloth and put four ice cubes in it.
- Wrap it well and apply it on the affected area.
- Keep repeating as per your requirement.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most amazing remedies used to treat a number of skin problems. It is equally effective at bed bug bites as well. It is rich in contents that helps get rid of inflammation, swelling and redness. Follow the steps given below to use it:
- Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and dilute it with water.
- Take a cotton swab and dip in the vinegar.
- Apply it on the bites and leave for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash it normal water.
- Keep repeating the process as per your requirement.
4.) Warm Bath to Treat Bed Bug Bites
- Soak yourself in a warm bath. Add 1/2 cup (118 ml) of any of the following to help control itching.
- Concentrated peppermint oil.
- Powdered oats. You can find this in health and medicine stores, packaged for utilizing a bath item.
- Baking soda, with or without a little salt added to it.
- Alka-Seltzer, however, just if you are not allergic.
5.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also use Aloe Vera gel to get rid of bed bug bites. Aloe Vera has soothing properties and also helps speed up the healing process. It works on irritation and inflammation and relieves you from pain and itchiness. What you have to do is:
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into.
- Extract the gel from it in a bowl.
- Now apply the gel on the affected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash with cool water.
- Repeat the process several times a day for best results.
6.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also opt for witch hazel to heal bed bug bites. It is mostly used as a facial cleanser which is easily available at drug store. It helps calm itching effectively. Also, it helps treat inflammation and swelling. Follow the steps given below to use it.
- Take some witch hazel in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton swab in it and apply on the affected area
- Keep the cotton on the affected are and hold it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, you can remove the cotton.
- No need to wash the area, but wash the area before repeating the process.
7.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Lemon is one of the most effective remedies used to cure bed bug bites. Bed bug bites can cause rashes on the affected area. Lemon juice has natural astringent properties that help dry out these rashes and stimulate the healing process. It also helps you get rid of swelling and itchiness. The only bad part about lemon is that it can cause sunburn. So, it is advised avoid sunlight after using it. To use it:
- Take a lemon juice in a ball.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then rinse off the area.
- Repeat as needed.
8.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Cucumber has cooling properties that calms down the inflammation. It also helps you get rid of redness and itchiness. Using it is also easy. But, before using it, make sure that it was kept in refrigerator for some time. What you have to do is:
- Take a cucumber and cut it into thick slices.
- Rub the slices on the affected area.
- Leave it as it is and repeat as you require.
9.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Tea bags also have soothing properties that helps speed up the healing process. Just follow the steps given below to use it:
- Boil a glass of water and dip two tea bags in it.
- Now keep the tea bags in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Apply the tea bags on the affected area and you cure bed bug bites well.
10.) Basil to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also go for basil leaves to cure bed bug bites. It has soothing properties that help deal with the inflammation and itchiness. What you have to do is:
- Take a few basil leaves and grind them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with normal water and you will see the difference.
- Do it twice a day for best results.
11.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Yes, you can also use toothpaste to heal bed bug bites fast at home. Using it is simple. You just have to apply it on the affected area. Make sure that you can white toothpaste. It has menthol that helps cool the burning sensations and irritation.
12.) White Vinegar to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Apply white vinegar to the bites. Take a cotton ball and absorb it with white vinegar. Dab the vinegar onto the bites – be cautioned, it may sting a little. After 20-30 minutes, the size of the bites should be significantly reduced.
13.) Soap and Water to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Treat the itch with soap and water. Wash the area with mellow soap and water; Wet the hand surface by utilizing a soap bar and enough water. Work the soap in your hands into thick, rich soapy lather. Rub the lather over the influenced area generously. Repeat until the entire area is secured. Leave on; don’t flush; permit the soap lather to dry over the bitten areas. When you wake up in the morning, you can see a prompt easing from itching. Also, the size of the bites and the swelling should be reduced.
(C) Other Medications to Treat Bed Bug Bites
- Apply a steroidal anti-itch over-the-counter (OTC) cream that contains cortisone or hydro-cortisone. Strictly follow the directions written on the package to apply it rightly.
- Use calamine cream to dry the rash and secure the skin while it recuperates.
- Purchase a topical analgesic OTC that contains pramoxine for pain relief and diphendrydramine for itch control.
- Take oral antihistamine anaphylaxis tablets to control the swelling and rash associated with the bites. Follow package guidelines for proper measurements.
- Take OTC pain relievers that contain ibuprofen or naproxen as needed.
Useful Tip to Treat Bed Bug Bites:
See your doctor if your symptoms don’t clear up inside a couple of weeks or keep on worsening. You ought to similarly see a doctor for judgement on the off chance that you don’t run across indications of bed bugs in your bed and can’t distinguish the source of the bites or the rash.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites Fast and Overnight?
After writing, how to get rid of mosquito bites?, how to get rid of fleas bites?, and home remedies for scabies, we are now writing the best ways to get rid of bed bug bites fast and overnight. Whenever we go to bed we feel like saying these words good night, switch off the light and sleep tight. If you lay on a bed, that infested with bed bugs, you will definitely have a worse night. These bugs can wait to suck your blood. Itchy, abrasive, and irritating, that is how you describe bed bug bites. This article will give you the best ways to get rid of bed bug bites fast and overnight. These bites are characterized by rashes and irritation, and with linear patterns on the skin. Suffering from these bites can be really irritating and disturbing. Thus, bed bugs are becoming a very common and stressful problem.
If you are suffering from such bites, your doctor might prescribe many lotions and creams that contain chemicals that are not always good for your skin. Even these medicines can cause skin allergies. Aside from these medications, you can also consider applying other home remedies to get rid of bed bug bites. Bed bugs bites typically heal within a week to ten days. So these are the basic symptoms of bed bug bites.
What are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small, oval shaped, and flat insects. These insects don’t have wings and they rely on humans to carry them to far off places. They have a reddish brown color and their sizes vary from 1-7 millimeters. Their feeding material is human blood. They bite when someone is asleep.
Bed Bug Bite Appearance:
Well, if you are bitten by bed bug, then you may see the following signs of bed bug bites.
- You will notice red, dark red center and swollen area.
- Bed bug bites in a line or you are bitten in a small area all together.
- You may also notice blisters, hives at the site of bite.
Ways to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites:
1.) Wash Bites with Mild Soap
Wash the affected area with mild soap and water to get rid of bed bug bites overnight and fast. Take a bar of soap and water to wet surface of your hands. Work the soap in your hands into a thick, soapy lather. Rub the lather over the affected area and leave it for a few seconds. Repeat until the entire area is covered. Allow the soap lather to dry over the bitten areas and then rinse it off. You should experience immediate relief from itching. Washing the bites with soapy water will also help alleviate itchiness and prevent a skin infection.
2.) Rub Ice on Bug Bites
To ease the pain and itching of the bed bug bite, you can rinse it with cool water or you can also rub ice on it. you will also reduce the possibility of skin inflammation. If your skin already looks swollen and red, then apply ice to cool the bite area and let the ice melt on it to reduce the pain. Press the ice cubes on the bitten area for a few minutes throughout the day. This will reduce swelling.
3.) Baking SodaWill Help
It is also known as sodium bicarbonate that helps in neutralizing the acidic chemicals causing itching from the bed bug bites. It is also an anti-inflammatory agent that helps in reducing the inflammation and get rid of bed bug bites. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take 3 teaspoons of water and add one teaspoon of baking soda in it. Mix it well and prepare a mixture. Apply this mixture on the infected area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes after application. Rinse it off by using water. If you still feel the discomfort then apply it again after 30-45 minutes.
4.) Take Help From Lemon Juice
It is a natural astringent that helps in drying out the rashes caused due to the bed bug bites. It contains the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the swelling and redness while preventing the infection. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take a lemon juice and dip a cotton ball in it. Now, dab the cotton ball on the bed bug bite.
- Apply it till it doesn’t get dry. Rinse the affected area with water. Apply this remedy few times in a day.
Note:Don’t go out in the sun after applying this remedy as the lemon juice can make your skin vulnerable to sunburn.
5.) Use The Witch Hazel
It is a liquid astringent that you can easily buy from the drug store. Basically, it is used as a cleanser that helps in reducing the itching sensation caused due to the bed bug bites as it contains tannins that include the mild anesthetic effect in it. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take witch hazel in a bowl and soak a cotton ball in it.
- No, place the cotton ball on the infected area of your body.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cotton ball.
- Apply this remedy as per your need.
6.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
It gives the soothing effect on the infected area and helps to get rid of bed bug bites overnight. The active compounds and amino acid present inside the aloe vera gel help in easing the burning sensation and itching caused due to the bed bug bites. It also helps in the healing process by keeping the skin moisturized. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take an aloe vera leave and take out the gel from it.
- Apply the gel directly on the infected area.
- Apply this remedy few times in a day to treat the bed bug bites effectively.
7.) Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains the anti-inflammatory properties that help in fighting the inflammation and helps to get rid of bed bug bites. It also has acetic acid in it that helps in relieving the itching caused due to the bed bug bites. If you don’t have apple cider vinegar then you may also go for white vinegar. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment, follow these steps:
- Apply unfiltered and raw apple cider vinegar on the infected area.
- Leave it for few minutes until it gets dry. Rinse off the infected area with water.
- If you still feel discomfort then reapply this remedy after few hours.
8.) Toothpaste to CureBed Bug Bites
The toothpaste helps in neutralizing the acid causing the itching sensation as it contains the base in it. It contains the cooling menthol that provides relief from itching and burning sensation. Use white toothpaste instead of gel toothpaste for treating the bed bug bites. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Apply a little amount of toothpaste on the infected area.
- Leave it for few minutes till it gets dry. Rinse it off with water.
- Apply this remedy, whenever you feel the burning sensation on the bed bug bites.
9.) Make Use of Oatmeal
Oatmeal contains the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that make it one of the most effective remedies to get rid of bed bug bites effectively. It can reduce the burning sensation and the itching sensation easily. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Take little amount of water and mix few teaspoons of oatmeal in it. Mix them well together and prepare a paste. Apply this paste on the infected area and leave it for 15 minutes. Apply this remedy regularly for a couple of days to cure the bed bug bites.
- You can also take a detox bath by mixing the half cup of oatmeal in warm water. You may even add peppermint essential oil in your bathtub with oatmeal. Soak it for at least 15 minutes.
10.) Cucumber forBed Bug Bites
Cucumber can be used to get rid of itching and burning sensation. It can even treat the swelling as it contains the vitamin C mineral and caffeic acid that contains the anti-inflammatory properties. To apply this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Just place a cucumber slice on the infected area and leave it for 10-15 minutes. To experience the more soothing effect use cool pieces of cucumber by putting it in the refrigerator.
- Apply this remedy whenever you needed it.
11.) Moist Tea Bags to TreatBed Bug Bites
It contains the tannin as well as the astringent and mild anesthetic qualities. It can easily provide relief in itching and swelling caused due to the bed bug bites. To prepare this bed bug bites treatment at home, follow these steps:
- Put a moist tea bag in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and cool it down.
- Place it on the infected area for about 10 minutes. Repeat this remedy, whenever needed.
12.) Coconut Oil to Cure Bed Bug Bites
Apply coconut oil on the affected area. This will help to heal the swelling. Coconut oil helps moisturize the skin and its anti-inflammatory qualities help to cure these bites. whenever you suffer from bed bug bites just take coconut oil in a bowl and with the help of cotton balls apply it on your skin and leave it. you can do this home remedy before going to bed and then take the bath next morning with warm water.
13.) Banana Peel to Cure Bed Bug Bites
Rub the inside of a banana peel on a bed bug bites to take the itch out by reducing the inflammation and irritation. Leave that peel on the bites for some time. it has the cooling effect that will help to lessen the pain and swelling.
14.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the excellent home remedies to get rid of bed bug bites. Aspirin reduces the swelling and itching caused by bed bug bites. Follow the steps given below to get optimal results.
- Crush 2 to 3 aspirin tablets to make a fine powder.
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of water in it to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected region of the skin.
- Rub it on the skin and then leave it on the area for the next few minutes.
- Apply this paste regularly on the affected area to get rid of bed bug bites.
15.) Honey and Cinnamon to Treat Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the amazing home remedies to treat bed bug bites. Honey gives quick relief from all sorts of allergic symptoms. It also reduces the redness caused by bed bug bites. On the other side cinnamon minimizes the inflammation caused by bed bug bites. The combination of these two ingredients is perfect for quick healing. Follow the steps given below for faster healing.
- Mix two teaspoons each of cinnamon powder and honey.
- Stir them well to make a fine paste.
- Rub this paste directly on the bites and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Wash the area with clean water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process twice a day to heal the bites completely.
16.) Lilac to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the wonderful remedies to get rid of bed bug bites. The anti-microbial properties present in lilac reduce the itching and inflammation caused by bed bug bites and speeds up the healing process. Follow the steps given below for faster healing.
- Add a handful of fresh lilac leaves in a pot of water.
- Boil the leaves for the next few minutes.
- Strain the boiled water and remove the leaves.
- Mix this water in your bath water and soak yourself in this water.
- Come out after 15 to 20 minutes and pat dry.
- Grind a handful of lilac leaves to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the bed bug bites.
- Wash the area once the paste dries completely.
- Repeat this method several times a day to heal bed bug bites.
17.) Juniper Berries and Cloves to Cure Bed Bug Bites
The combination of juniper berries and cloves is wonderful in the treatment of bed bug bites. The vitamin C present in juniper berries helps to strengthen the immune system and the oil from these berries will reduce the itching. On the other side, eugenol present in cloves helps to numb the bed bug bites. Follow the steps given below to get optimal results.
- Take 2 tablespoons of beeswax in a pan.
- Add one third cup each of juniper berries and unsalted butter.
- Mix one tablespoon of ground cloves in it.
- Stir it well and leave the mixture to cool down.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas of the skin.
- Repeat this remedy to cure bed bug bites completely.
18.) Lavender to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of bed bug bites. Lavender oil helps to minimize the itching caused by bed bug bites. The smell of lavender repels the bed bugs. Follow the steps given below to treat bed bug bites.
- Mix a few drops of lavender oil in warm water.
- Soak the affected areas of the skin in this water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do this atleast 2 times a day for faster recovery.
19.) White Clay to Treat Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the excellent home remedies to reduce the itching and inflammation caused by bed bug bites. The soothing properties of white clay heal the bites and are perfect for instant relief. Follow the steps given below for faster recovery.
- Take a half bowl of white cosmetic clay.
- Pour enough water to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected regions of the skin and leave it to dry.
- Rinse the area with water after it dries completely.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis to get rid of bed bug bites.
20.) Vitamin E to Cure Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the most effective remedies to treat bed bug bites. Vitamin E not only moisturizes the skin but also encourages the scar tissue regeneration. It is a perfect solution to fade the scar of the bug bite. Follow the steps given below to speed up the healing process.
- Use a safety pin to puncture a vitamin E capsule.
- Apply the oil in it directly on the affected regions of the skin.
- Reapply vitamin E oil on the bites in every few hours.
21.) Basil to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the best home remedies for bed bug bites. It soothes the skin and reduces the itching and inflammation caused by bed bug bites. Follow the steps given below for faster recovery.
- Take some fresh basil leaves and wash it with clean water.
- Blend these leave to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the bed bug bites directly.
- Reapply this paste in every few hours for faster recovery.
22.) Alcohol to Cure Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the wonderful home remedies to cure bed bug bites. It reduces the itching caused by bed bug bites and protects the skin from further infection. Follow the steps given below to speed up the healing process.
- Soak a piece of cotton in alcohol.
- Put this cotton on the affected regions of the skin.
- Put a bandage across the cotton so that it stays in place.
- Reapply alcohol on the bitten areas several times a day.
23.) Warm Spoon to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the most powerful methods to get rid of bed bug bites. It not only reduces the swelling but also the redness and inflammation caused by bed bug bites. Follow the steps given below to get best results.
- Take a clean metal spoon and dip it in a bowl of hot water.
- For the next 5 minutes, leave the spoon in the bowl.
- Take out the spoon and touch it to check if the temperature is bearable or not.
- Place the spoon on the bite directly.
- Press it until the spoon turns cool.
- Repeat this method several times a day for quick relief.
24.) Mud to Treat Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the best methods to treat bed bug bites. The natural clay and slit particles in mud makes it an effective method for bug bites. The anti-bacterial properties in natural clay cure bites. All you need to do is apply wet mud on the affected regions of the skin. Leave it to dry completely and then clean the areas with normal water.
25.) Marshmallow Roots to Cure Bed Bug Bites
This is one of the most natural remedies to cure bed bug bites. The medicinal properties of marshmallow roots reduce the skin inflammation caused by bed bug bites. All you need to do is apply the marshmallow poultice on the affected regions of the skin.
Note:Preganant women and breast feeding women should consult a doctor before using it. People with diabetes should also take doctor’s advice.
Preventing Bed Bugs:
To work properly in the morning, one requires a proper asleep. Hence, the last thing you want is not to awaken from bed bug bites. Preventing bed bugs is the best solution to get rid of this problem. This can be solve by Vacuuming the carpets weekly, avoiding second-hand furniture, bedding or discarded mattresses. Inspecting rooms thoroughly for signs of bed bugs before staying in hotels.
If you suspect the sign of bed bugs at home, you need to call a professional pest control company to handle it immediately in order to relief yourself. It is best to enlist the service of professionals in order to make sure that the eggs, larvae and adult bed bugs have been treated completely.